In the beginning of the storyboard we have the opening narrative without music setting the beginning of the narrative. The opening shots introduce the characters and their potential outcome at the end of the Music Video. we wanted to reverse this shot because it was a twist to the video rather than the ending being at the end to lift the audience at the edge of their seats so they would want to continue watching it and find out what happened.
- The split screening of three characters, medium shots and the use of spot lighting to place emphasis upon the characters. The shot is supposed to be reminiscent of a blink.it also makes the video seem as if it is a short movie leading up to events that end in the death of the girls.
- A dip to black transition to emphasize a blink, Over the shoulder shot and zooming in upon the words HIV the audience then feel emotive as they have realised that some one will die from an incurable disease. Using normal room lighting. The zooming in is supposed to induce shock and suspense questioning what will happen next. This shot is supposed to show the audience as a fly upon the wall peering in therefore the shot should last longer.
- A close shot upon character's face to highlight grief and misery, zooming in upon a tear. it slowly lowers and scans her whole face to show each and every feature.This is Used to spark emotion among the audience. To have a lasting effect upon the audience. Use of trampy and ragged clothing to showcase her troubles.
- The next sub story, establishing shots of the bathroom, to meet second character staring into the mirror from an other the shoulder shot zooming in through the reflection the mirror to highlight almost faint look upon the character's face.
- A birds eye view shot over body upon the floor to show venerability, possibility of questionable death using enigmatic techniques.
- Establishing shot of bridge showing the enormity and height creating suspense as well as fear among the audience to a side shot of the third character standing nervously by a bridge. Natural lighting used to promote realism and a swift transitions to show the severity and sudden nature of the narrative.
- The side view of flowers and pictures with candles associated with memorials, natural lighting used once more to highlight realism and a slow closing transition almost reminiscent like the end of a dream.
9. Medium shot tracking shot of the first Character walking along with her boyfriend, however an argument breaks out and the break loose. Natural lighting used to promote realism of a normal day.
Initially shows how broken the relationship and highlights the problems
10. A lightening transition to show the severity of the situation matching the action of the slap. Medium shot of how boyfriend attempts to slap character 1 and then a zoom into the face of character 1 to highlight fear.
10 A. Medium Shots of the artist walking and singing.The artist needs to be seen in his garments so that the audience are able to look at him as the best hip hop artist about.
11. A medium shot of the character 1 holding card telling story of how 'He promised he would never hurt me' to aid the narrative and provide context. Spotlight used to show individuality against other stories.
12. (Same as Shot 11 however holding " I feel sick")
12 A. Medium Shots of the artist playing guitar. want to capture a tight shot of the artist playing an instrument which is very unusual in a normal hip hop video.
13. Over the shoulder shot of Character 3 gazing at the mirror looking distressed using normal room lighting. Zoom into the reflection of the mirror where character 3 will keep fussing over facial insecurities. Use of the lighting transition when character 3 slaps the mirror to embellish the anger and hurt towards the audience.
14. (Same as Shot 11, however using Character 3 and text "Why am I so ugly")
15. Medium shot of Character 2 resting by a table with crack cocaine resting upon a table wiping nose looking nervous trying to get sympathy from the audience as well as shock factor.
16. (Same as Shot 11, however using Character 2 and text "Only a little bit of fun right)
16 A. Close up of the artist singing mouthing the words so add to the sincerity of the music video.it also helps with the realness of it enabling the audience to keep track of the song.
17. Birds eye view shot over Character 2 sniffing drugs to show ho low she is and however inferior the character is to the audience. Presenting Character 2 to look small. The Birds eye view used to make the audience seem as a judgmental spectator.
18. (Same as Shot 11, however using Character 1 and text "He's cheating on me I know it.")
19. Slow motion fight scene against Character 1 and boyfriend zooming in upon the punches to embellish the severity of the situation and igniting fear among audience. Zooming in as the Character 2 holds her stomach in pain to infer pregnancy of other disease.
19 A. Medium shot of artist playing guitar in studio.
20. Zooms in upon Character 2 face and extreme zoom in upon tear rolling down cheek, emotive visual sparking sadness among the audience. The transitions of dip to colour brought back same as the beginning to showcase the reason as to character's downfall.
21. (Same as Shot 11, however using Character 3 and text "Why do people laugh at me?")
23. Medium shots of bullying scene of character 3 and the breakdown and physical outrage flipping of chairs, screaming and punching walls. To ignite sympathy among the audience as well as sadness.
24. The split screen leading back to the circumstances within the beginning.
25. Ending with artist outside, with guitar swaying back and forth.